Most Active Doctors on NewMe
Most Related Review
All About Dental Veneers
What is Dental Veneers ?
Dental veneers are custom-made shells that are placed on the front surfaces of the teeth. They help to hide existing cracks, stains and other cosmetic defects on the teeth. Dental veneers are one of the most common aesthetic dentistry treatments. Depending on the specific goals, various types of coatings are available.
What is Laminate Veneer?
Dental Veneers, also known as leaf porcelain among the people, is a type of veneer that provides a natural appearance because it is thin and has a high light transmittance.
This treatment which is one of the most preferred aesthetic treatment methods by dentists, is used for patients who want to remove certain deformities in their teeth or who have lost their tooth color for various reasons. It is a preventive treatment method due to the minimum level of tooth loss during application.
How Much Do Dental Veneers Cost?
Price of Dental Veneers varies according to the doctor who will perform the application, the province, district and district where the clinic is located, but the cost of the treatment varies between 250-500 Dollar for each tooth.
Who Can Have Laminate Veneers?
Dental Veneers, also known as porcelain laminates, is a frequently used treatment method for the removal of many aesthetic defects in the teeth.
• To correct tooth discoloration that occurs due to diet, long-term antibiotic use or genetic reasons and cannot be eliminated by teeth whitening techniques.
• For the treatment of tooth gap (diastema)
• To repair minor tooth loss due to decay or breakage
• To correct the appearance of mild tooth curvature that is not at the level of orthodontic treatment
• In cases where the size of the teeth is not satisfied, laminate dental veneers are used to lengthen and resize the teeth.
Porcelain lamina is not applied if the patient has advanced gingival recession, Bruxism (teeth grinding) disease or serious dental caries.
How Long Does Laminate Tooth Veneer Treatment Take?
Dental Veneers treatment is usually completed in 2 sessions and the patient has the desired aesthetic smile within a week.
The first meeting with the dentist takes place and after the general dental examination, if the patient's tooth structure is suitable for laminate tooth veneer, the details of the treatment are discussed.
The tooth structure of the patient and the tooth appearance that he wants to have after the treatment are modeled in the computer environment.
After cleaning the teeth and tartar, the upper tooth layers are gently filed after the application of local anesthesia.
The size of the filed teeth is taken and transferred to the computer environment and sent to the dental laboratory for porcelain lamina production.
The dentist checks the suitability of the veneers produced specifically for the patient on each tooth one by one.
If the patient is satisfied with the result after the control, the veneers are permanently attached to the tooth.
The application time for each tooth is approximately 30 minutes.
The dentist informs the patient about oral care after the veneer.
What are the Advantages of Dental Veneers?
- Thanks to the thin porcelain coating with high light transmittance, an appearance very close to the natural appearance is obtained.
- The treatment period is short.
- Adapts to the gums close to perfection.
- Provides satisfactory solution to tooth curvature and deformities in a very short time.
- Laminas are used for many years if necessary considerations are taken after the procedure.
- Since the intervention to the tooth during the preparation phase is very light, the tooth structure is not deteriorated and the tooth tissue is preserved.
- Since it is custom designed, it can be produced in the desired color and size, and there are many color options.
- It has high resistance to staining and abrasion.
What are the Disadvantages of Dental Veneers?
Carelessly consumed hard foods can cause cracks on the coating surface, in which case the coating must be renewed.
The filing process applied to the surface of the teeth to be veneered may increase tooth sensitivity.
How to Take Care of Dental Veneers?
- Care must be taken when consuming hard-shelled fruits and nuts.
- Habits such as pencil chewing and nail biting should be abandoned.
- Care should be taken when consuming sweets and foods that may damage the teeth.
- Teeth should be brushed twice a day.
- Toothpaste containing abrasive substances should not be used.
How Long Do Dental Veneers Last?
If the teeth are properly cared for after the application, porcelain laminates can last up to 30 years.
What is Zirconium Dental Veneer?
Dental veneers generally consist of tooth surface veneers produced from porcelain materials. There are two different types of dental veneers. These species are; metal-supported and non-metal-supported coatings.
Zirconium veneers are in the category of dental veneers that are preferred for more aesthetic purposes. Zirconium teeth are a preferred treatment method to create smile aesthetics.
The point where zirconium dental veneer differs from other types of veneers is that the veneer is made of zirconium material.
Zirconium is a material that is preferred in tooth making, is white in color and can be applied by turning into a ceramic called zirconium and baking to increase its durability instead of using it in pure mineral form. r is the coating type.
Zirconium dental veneer is in the category of coating without metal support. Zirconium dental veneers have a more durable and aesthetic appearance than metal-supported coatings.
How Much Do Zirconia Veneers Cost?
The price of zirconia veneers can vary between 525$ and 1.300$. The neighborhood, city and doctor's experience will change the prices of zirconium crowns.
How is Zirconium Dental Veneer Performed?
Dental veneer treatments can be applied by choosing veneers made of different materials. Zirconium veneers are also produced from zirconium material and can be given as an example of dental veneers.
Zirconium dental veneers are applied to patients by following the steps below;
- During the first examination, factors that threaten dental and oral health are detected.
- The tooth is thinned with local anesthesia. At this stage, the periphery and ends of the objects become thinner.
- Teeth and mouth are cleaned and sterilized.
- Mouth and tooth measurements are taken.
- Temporary veneers are placed because there will be no aesthetic appearance in the mouth when the teeth are thinned.
- The patient and the physician determine the tooth color in zirconium veneers.
- Zirconium veneers are made ready within a period of 5 to 7 days.
- Prepared zirconium crowns are fixed to the patient's teeth.
Are Zirconium Veneers Good?
- It is strong
- Zirconium veneers are produced from a very strong ceramic material. In fact, it is 10 times stronger than tooth enamel.
- Zirconium veneers can, of course, last between 10 and 30 years with proper care.
- Zirconium is the most biocompatible dental material after gold. This means that it will not react to any chemicals in your mouth.
- Due to the lack of metal substructures, it does not cause allergies such as gingival recession, swelling, bleeding, which can be caused by porcelain coatings from time to time.
What are the Other Pros of Zirconium Veneers?
- They are as natural as can be and blend well with the rest of your teeth.
- It has better stain resistance. It can resist stains caused by tea, coffee and even nicotine.
- They do not break easily.
- It is resistant to chewing. It can even be used for your back teeth as it is resistant to strong chewing and jaw grinding.
- Zirconia veneers are lighter than other metal-supported veneers.
- No metal taste in your mouth.
- It is comfortable, you will not feel any difference in your mouth.
What are the Cons of Zirconium Veneers?
The application of Zirconium dental veneers is not very easy. Installing veneers requires experience as it differs from the application processes of other types of veneers.
Dentists must follow a special protocol to place these veneers, which usually takes longer than other veneer placement procedures.
Your aesthetic dentist needs to prepare your enamel before installing zirconium veneers, which prolongs the treatment time.
Since the process requires high precision and expertise, zirconium veneers are more expensive than other veneer types.
How Long Do Zirconium Teeth Last?
The service life of zirconium crowns varies according to the use of the patient. However, it is possible to say that it has a longer life than other coating types.
How Do You Care For Zirconium Veneers?
Teeth after Zirconium dental veneer should be done as well as daily oral/dental care. It is necessary to go to the dentist clinic regularly every 6-9 months.
Can Patients With Metal Allergy Have Zirconium Tooth Veneer Treatment?
Since Zirconium dental veneer does not contain metal, it does not cause allergies in the human body, so patients with allergies can also have zirconium.
Written on 24/03/2023
Last Update: 27/10/2023